“The remote computer requires Network level authentication which your computer does not support.”
This error may occour when connecting to a Windows Server 2012 environment from a Windows XP machine – please follow the below to resolve.
– Windows XP machine should have SP3 installed.
– Go to Start – Run – type regedit press enter
– From the left pane. Locate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
– From right pane. Double click on ‘Security Packages’ one dialog box will open, leave all existing value untouched. Just add ‘tspkg’ at the end without quote. Click OK.
– From left pane. Locate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders
– From right pane. Double click on ‘Security Providers’ and in the dialog box add ‘credssp.dll’ at the end. add a comma before typing credssp.dll. Click Ok.
– Restart the computer for changes to take effect.
– Now reconnect the remote desktop.