September 24th, 2021
Windows 11 will start to roll out to eligible users from the 5th of October – All users that are using windows 10 currently will have the option to upgrade for free and all new PC’s will include windows 11.
Few highlights of Windows 11:
- Design – The new design and sounds are modern, fresh, clean and beautiful, bringing you a sense of calm and ease.
- Start bar – With Start, Microsoft has put you and your content at the center. Start utilises the power of the cloud and Microsoft 365 to show you your recent files no matter what device you were viewing them on.
- Layouts – Snap Layouts, Snap Groups and Desktops provide an even more powerful way to multitask and optimise your screen real estate.
- Teams – Chat from Microsoft Teams integrated into the taskbar provides a faster way to connect to the people you care about.
- AI Feed – Widgets, a new personalised feed powered by AI, provides a faster way to access the information you care about, and with Microsoft Edge’s world class performance, speed and productivity features you can get more done on the web.
- Speed – Windows 11 is optimised for speed, efficiency and improved experiences with touch, digital pen and voice input.
How to upgrade to Windows 11
The free upgrade to Windows 11 starts on October 5 and will be a phased roll out. Newer devices will be offered the Windows 11 upgrade first, then the roll out will be pushed to older devices based on hardware eligibility, reliability metrics, age of device and other factors that impact the upgrade experience. Microsoft expect the free upgrade to be offered across all eligible devices by mid-2022.
If you have a Windows 10 PC that’s eligible for the upgrade, Windows Update will let you know when it’s available. You can also check to see if Windows 11 is ready for your device by going to Settings > Windows Update and select Check for updates.
If you expecinace any issues with your upgrade or have any questions please contact support on 020 7471 3270 / email@example.com
*Windows 10 – As a note Windows 10’s end of life is only October 14th, 2025. So you do a few years to upgrade.
Have a question? Speak to me Sylvester.
Get in touch and we can discuss how we can help support your business.